Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Reflection on my lib project

I wanted to create a poem that reflects how me and so many other young adults feel about our rights and how  we are denied them. I wrote about personal experiences as well as more broad experiences with denial of rights so that it could relate to all colors. My personal aim of writing this poem was to illustrate how in the now present time, race tends to always be a problem when it comes to denial of rights but it is not exactly the prominent issue anymore.  Now it is more based on social classes.  As far as language goes i wanted to express myself in a poetic form.  I am highly influenced by poetry and it has been a part of my life for many years. I also feel that language varies between different social classes which can later effect the circumstances of an individuals rights.  How we speak is usually how we are perceived. Also the people today who have lost their jobs and who are out there on wall street holding up signs are looked upon as the low class because of their decrease in status of the world. Division is not determined by economic standards.

No comments:

Post a Comment